Saturday 15 March 2014

#6 Food - #2014BloggerChallenge

This is 100% out of my comfort zone. I had no idea what I could write for a food post, if I'm honest I still don't. I thought about the whole recipe blog type thing but then I had no idea what to make so that was just a little dilemma. So my second thought was 'Lets do something healthy!' I mean you can't go wrong there can you. This is also a great starting point because Summers coming up and we all want to wear anything we can as well as feeling good and healthy eating is a great way to achieve this. However not only did I want to do something for a great body I also wanted to foods that make you feel better and make you a healthier person. I'm not great at doing healthy myself but I'm making a drastic change in my diet and thought this was the perfect opportunity to tell you what I've swapped over.
p.s Never realised how similar all my intros were!!! And a little warning this post also contains a lot of 'however's'.

First up is drinks. Ok, so maybe not technically a food but this is just as important as having a healthy balanced meal. 
The first healthy drink I will reach for is something herbal or fruity, these are often caffeine free so are perfect to start your day off with (I'll let you off if you're super tired and need a coffee to wake you up.). I also love a good cup of cold orange juice.


I usually grab a green tea because they taste so damn good and are work wonders on you. I also go for green tea because when I go to make a drink it's next to my usual go to normal tea with sugar and milk which honestly I could swap in for something as I drink WAY TOO MUCH and it's not good for me. 

 This is the green tea I have - in the best Mickey Mouse comic strip mug ever may I add.
This is from Morrisons and is very, very nice. Tastes exactly like any other green tea and I'm pretty sure it's a much more reasonable price compared to others.
Not only does it taste great but green tea works wonders if you bloat.


This is what it looks like if you've never had/seen it before. I'm in agreement that it looks like pee in a mug and I must admit it could smell better, however the taste and the wonders it does for your body make you forget about that.
You don't have to choose green tea, there are lots of other healthy drinks similar out there and if you have a bit of a sweet tooth then I'd go for something fruity like I pictured but this won't be as healthy.


Onto actual foods now. As I said I am not great with sticking to a healthy diet because all that junk food is just so damn addictive. Despite this I wanted to tell you a few of my favourite healthy foods. 
In terms of snacks I have nothing specific but things like nuts, fruits, nakd bars etc are the best and if you're up for paying for one a Graze Box is a great way to make sure you're eating healthy, I'm usually naughty when it comes to snacks and I'll have crisps or even worse chocolate *slaps self on wrist*

First up for the healthy food team is salads. I can't even tell you how much I love salads and how good they make me and my body feel! Unfortunately I don't have any wonderful pictures to show you but I'm going to list some of the best things to have in a salad. 

Taken from Google.
It's quite obvious that lettuce is a great component to a salad, however not all your salads have to include it and sometimes it's good to leave it out and vary your salad up. A lovely, little (big), chopped up tomato is a great addition to a salad, I'm not keen on tomato's but I feel that in a salad they taste great and they add that amazing bright colour to food which is always a plus. Sometimes I'll slip a little cheese into my salad, this is usually Mozeralla or even on special occasions Red Leicester. My top food to include in a salad is olives. Green. black, whatever. I love them, they're definitely a love-hate food and so may not be to everyone's taste. I'm keeping this on short and sweet, spring onions always go down well in a salad. Another all time salad favourite is spinach, maybe this is because I want to be Popeye or maybe because I just love it, whatever my reason I also need a little bit of spinach in my salad. I could go on and on but this post is getting long enough as it is so I'll move on. 
I also wanted to add that pasta is the perfect accompaniment to a salad if you're looking for something more fulling and a good dinner time meal. I usually enjoy a good pasta salad because it is a perfect mixture of different food and has so much taste to it - pasta salads are usually best with spring onions so next time you make one don't forget them.

Now onto fruits. 

Taken from Google.
I'm very picky when it comes to fruits and I have a very specific taste, there's not may that I enjoy but I try my best to eat as much as I can. I often stick to apples as the main fruit I add because firstly they're not messy unlike a lot of fruits and secondly they're delicious. Apples also help to reduce bloating so are a good fruit to eat generally. Kiwis next. I really love kiwis, I think this is manly because of the colour of them, I don't have any interesting facts on these but they're another great healthy food. I'm putting lemons and limes together because they're not something I eat straight up but they're two great things to drizzle over a salad, although I wouldn't have too much of these as they're acidic and aren't the best for a healthy diet. Now for my favourite ever fruit .... STRAWBERRIES. You can't go wrong with strawberries, they're great on their own, or with a yogurt or even crushed and smashed into a delicious smoothie. Finally - well not the last thing of all but there's too much to keep on going on with - watermelon. This isn't something that I leap for at first but during the summertime it's always something good to eat and it seems tastier in the sun? This is the perfect food to snack on during a sunny day as not only does it fill you up but it hydrates you.

I could go on and on but I feel this post is getting way to long and contains barely any photos so is probably boring you.
I really hope you found this post useful and maybe inspired you to change what you're eating or add some of these things in your diet. I would just like to make it clear however that a healthy diet will only do so much so don't think of it as an alternative to exercising.

Phew so that's over and I've managed to get this post out on time for a change! I did actually really enjoy doing this and it made a change from my usual post, I would actually love to do more stuff like this in the future ... That's if I have any left to write about now I've done this. 

Where else to find me:
Twitter: @anasaurusrex
Instagram: @ana_sadler

No comments:

Post a Comment