Thursday 8 May 2014

#9 Music - #2014BloggerChallenge (sorry about #8)

First off guys I want to apologies about missing post #8 because of a bunch of technical difficulties it decided it wouldn't post and I've had no time to rewrite so I decided missing one post can't hurt.

Anyway this post is on music which I was so excited about because music is such a big part of everyone's lives and I just love sharing it and discovering new bands etc.
I'm going to be honest and say that my music taste isn't for everyone, however there will probably be a few of you that like it so this is for you guys!!

My young teenage self (13/14) used to listen to all the pop songs and all the alternative songs, I must admit that I feel this was my worst phase!!! My taste in music changed drastically and I got into heavy metal, rock, hardcore, pop punk, whatever you like to call it. I know some people say "What's this rubbish? I can't hear what they're even saying" however there was something about this genre of music that just made me love it, I still don't know it particular what it is but there's something there that just draws me in and makes me love what I hear. In year 9 (god knows what age I was in year 9, I can't remember yesterdays dinner) I took Music Tech as a year course and it made me respect music so much more, seeing and doing what it took to make music made me realise how hard it actually is and gave me a new found respect for any maker of music, it didn't change my taste in music whatsoever but it just made me realise artist, writers, mixers etc. deserve a lot of respect for what they do so even if I don't like a track I just like to remember how much time was spent on it and how amazing it is that they've got their music out there. I'm just blabbling now, I'll stop.

So I did want to make a playlist for you guys but I can imagine that it would be about a week long if I include my favourite artists and tracks so instead I'm just going to give you 2 music favourites.

First up are a really amazing band who followed me on twitter and who I'm so grateful for following my because I freaking LOVE their stuff!!! These guys are called Some Nerve (twitter: @SomeNervetx). From the first second I heard their music I fell in love, they're from Houston, Texas (which really sucks because I wish I could see them live) and they're a hardcore punk band. If you asked me to pick a favourite track from their album I honestly could not pick because their tracks are all so good although 'Condemnation' seems to be the one I've been liking most recently. If you want to listen to them click this link and it'll take you to their full length album http://somenervetx.bandcamp.com/ and whilst you're over there buy it too because it's totally worth the money.

Second up is one of my favourite tracks in the whole entire work, firstly because the title is my name and secondly because it's the best bit of music I've ever heard. This is by Slash and called Anastasia (woo!). My friend introduced me because it had the same name as me and since I heard it the first time I can't stop listening, I will never get sick of this song. I think Slash has some pretty sweet skills and if you've never listened to him or Guns 'n' Roses what are you doing, go listen right now!!! Here's a link to 'Anastasia' on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZNMvztBUwM and here's two of my favourite Guns 'n' Roses songs, Welcome to the Jungle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1tj2zJ2Wvg and Sweet Child O' Mine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w7OgIMMRc4

Here's a list of some other pretty rad bands:
Suicide Silence
Rotting Out
Neck Deep
Bring Me The Horizon
Fall Out Boy
You Me At Six
A Day To Remember
All Time Low
Blink 182
Cancer Bats
Of Mice & Men
While She Sleeps
Architects
...
There's many more but that should keep you searching for a while.

Really hope you guys all find something you like in this list. Again sorry for post #8, I really hate technology sometimes.

Also as I said in my previous post I will be setting up an art shop hopefully sometime next week after all my stressful exams are done! Once I've sorted that all out I'll inform you guys about where you can buy some of my stuff, first off the pieces will all be originals as I need to make a little bit of money to be able to get prints done. I also need a shop name so if anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them. To keep even more up to date follow my instagram @ana_sadler where you can also see my work and piece I'm currently working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment