Saturday 1 February 2014

#3 Once Upon A Time - #2014bloggerchallenge

I have been slacking with blogging lately so I was glad as we neared the dates for this post to come up! I promise I will be blogging something other than a post from this challenge soon, I have a January Favourites post coming up which should be up in the next few days, so look out for that as I haven't done one since August and I have quite a few favourites for you.

Anyway on with this post. We were asked to do a book review type post and there were a few books I had to choose from but I thought they were all quite generic and most bloggers will write about them; not that this book is any less generic! Or that they were all boring.
My first choice was Looking for Alaska but I read that ages ago and didn't really know what to write for it so then I thought because my blogs quite beauty and fashioney (is that a word? Well it is now.) I should go for a blog along those lines, so I chose Alexa Chung's, It book. I know pretty much every blogger has blogged about this book but I got it for Christmas and never got round to sharing my opinions so I thought this was also a great opportunity.

Alexa Chung: IT.


I don't know what type of book I can call this because it's half a biography as well as just as a general fashion book. Anyway, I really loved it because of how it's layed out. It's not just continuous writing it is split up between pictures and drawings Chung has done herself.


This book is perfect for any teenage girl or anyone really because it gives you style inspiration and it has a few how to's etc.


I really love this book and could read it 5 times in one day, although I really wish there was just a little bit more to it, more pictures, more drawings and more writing and I would love it even more than I already do. I especially like the 'How to survive a festival' part.


I can't wait to see if Chung has anything else lined up for us because I would really love to see more from her.

I already have a few other fashion book purchases lined up after seeing the heaps of Vogue Fashion Designers books in Waterstones. I'm really hoping they still have these because they looked brilliant when I flicked through them in the shop. If not I'm going on the hunt for something similar.

I really hoped you liked this post. I'm sorry it's so short but I didn't really know what else to write about the book without either quoting the best parts which I want you to read for yourself or just repeating myself a million times.

Hopefully I will get my January Favourites post up soon because it has been so long but in the meanwhile you have this little post to keep you all happy. I am going to try and get back on the blogging bandwagon because I have been so terrible since this year started so keep checking back for more posts of subscribe to my posts down the left hand side of my page!

Where else to find me:
Instagram - @ana_sadler
Twitter - @anasaurusrex

No comments:

Post a Comment