Thursday 14 November 2013

Perfect, Simple Everyday Makeup Look

Admittedly I am not at all good at makeup; actually I'm rubbish! So....sorry in advance.
This is really out of my comfort zone but sometimes that can be a good thing.

I used to wear a lot of makeup.... and by a lot I mean A LOT! But I've toned it down because it's just so much effort and takes so long in the morning when I need to catch the bus. I have considerably lessened my makeup. I thought, why not let you guys have a little look into what I wear and see if you like it. I'm bad at introductions so I'm just going to end it here and see where the blog takes me.

OH! Putting this out here now before I rush into it and you think I've missed a step. I do not wear foundation so it won't be included in this post. I think everyday it's pointless, it just causes you to get more spots and we don't want that do we! But this is my personal opinion and if you like wearing it go for it.

OK, lets get started.

First off I will moisturize, I haven't photographed my moisturizer but I use the brand Aveeno and I think it's a sensitive skin moisturizer.

Next I prime my eyes.
Now I'm not 100% sure whether this is an eye primer because it only says "primer" so I may be using it wrong but, it does the trick for me. This is by Maybelline and I can't remember how much it cost because I got it about six months ago. It leaves the perfect matte surface to keep all your eye makeup in place. I just apply this with my fingers.



Then I move onto concealer.
Now I know practically everyone on the planet has this concealer or talks about this concealer so I'll try and make this as short and as sweet as possible. This is the Collection or Collection 2000 concealer and I have it in the shade Fair 1. It is a high coverage great for covering blemishes and those black circles from staying up late doing coursework and essays (Not that I do that ;) ) I apply this with the applicator and then blend with my fingers.


Now is the exciting bit (well kind of)
For the eyes I go simple. I'll either wear nothing or I'll wear Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pink Gold which is a nice subtle colour with some glitter running through it. This stays on all day, although it does get less noticeable by the end of the day. I use my fingers to apply this and blend this in.





I then line my waterline and add a little to my lash line.
I use the Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel liner which \i have had for ages! I use it on my waterline to hide the roots of my lashes as I have blonde lashes and often mascara doesn't get them and the I line the lash line so it makes my eyelashes look a little thicker. This is so easy to use and I find it better than Liquid Liner as it's less messy and stays on a lot better. I use the brush this came with to apply it.



Last but not least for the eyes is the finishing touch.
Yes you've guessed it....MASCARA. Mascara just finishes a makeup look off. I use Benefit "They're Real" and I genuinely think they make my eyelashes look longer. There's not much I can say about mascara because it's obvious how to apply it. I only put it on my top lashes as often; even with waterproof mascara, it will smudge or run or something ridiculous.


Now, sometimes I will put a lipstick on sometimes I won't. I have a choice of two here, one is definitely suited for autumn and the other is a great everyday lipstick.

The first is the toned down natural lipstick.
This is MAC's Creme Cup. It is a light pink with a blue undertone. It stays on for about two hours and then you'd have to top it up. I really love this as a natural lipstick and it is probably my favourite natural lipstick I own. In the photo it looks a little coraly (is that a word....?) but it isn't at all in real life, I think this is down to the rubbish lighting in my room.



And finally the autumn lipstick.
I've mentioned this lipstick before in blog posts so you can probably guess which one it is... Yes! Topshop's Beguiled. I don't need to say much about this because if you've read my previous posts you'll know why I love it.





Well.... That is it for my first every makeup look post. I hope you liked it and could follow it, if not I'm extremely sorry. I've never done anything like this before so bear with me on this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment