Monday 18 November 2013

Simple Eyeshadow Look - Grunge, Cara Delevingne.

Eyeshadow is probably either one of or the most difficult pieces of makeup to apply without looking like you've been dragged through a bush, because of this most of us; including I, don't use eyeshadow making us not like it. But this is where it stops. This is where you're going to start loving eyeshadow again.

*Lets just clarify again. I do not think I'm good at makeup, I just do what works for me and others may do it a completely different way but this is how I like to do a simple eyeshadow look.*

Now that's out the way I hear you ask what do we need? 
Well...
You will need (or I use):
Either one or two fluffy brushes.
A stiffer brush for going under the eye with; or just a pinky finger will do.
A brown eyeshadow (preferably matte).
A brown or black khol pencil eyeliner. 
Black or Brown mascara.  

HERE GOES NOTHING:

Grab a brush and some brown eyeshadow 
This is the brown eyeshadow I'm using and it's from the MUA Undress Me Too palette. It is the shade Lavish and is a very muted brown colour.

Now, what you need to do to start off with is sweep the colour across the whole of the lid. Once you have done that all you do is start blending upwards towards the crease. If you go over the crease it's fine it will just create a more smokey look which is always great! Once you feel you have blended enough and got rid of the harsh lines you are done with the top of your lid. 
Now blending is difficult at first and does take some practice but as long as you don't apply too much product you can't go wrong. The best tip is to start off with small amounts of shadow and just keep applying until you get you desired look. 

Then taking your stiffer brush just run that same brown along your bottom lashes remembering to connect and blend in to meet with the eyeshadow at the top. 

Then taking your brown or black khol pencil eyeliner line your tightline and waterline, this just gives your lashes a fuller effect and makes the eye look more polished. I've used a Lancome khol eyeliner in the colour 02 Brun.






The last step is mascara. You can curl your lashes before if you want to but I generally don't. If you have quite dark lashes you may not want to apply mascara but if you're like me and have very fair, blonde eyelashes then a coat of either black or brown mascara will finish the look perfectly. Don't apply too much mascara thought, just put on enough to make the lashes look still a little natural because clumpy, lashes filled with mascara will ruin it! I use Benefit "They're Real" mascara as I son't own a brown mascara but brown is best if you want to achieve a more natural look.

And TA DAH it's done. 4 simple steps to follow and you're now an eyeshadow genius!
I would love it if any of you tried this out and told me how it turned out. Hope it helped for all you people that struggle with eyeshadow just like me! Sorry if this is hard to follow, it was something that came into my head out of the blue and thought it was probably better and much more interesting than pictures of my hot chocolate and me drinking my hot chocolate!

Anyway... Hope you enjoyed this and I would love to know how you guys got on with this small tutorial kind of post!

No comments:

Post a Comment